Goodbye to a Family

I have yet to write about Student Council camp- where we went right after we got back from the cruise. It was indeed a "vacation" to the Frio country- where we hold camp each year, and where I have visited since I was a little girl. Before we left, I told Billy that it was odd that this would possibly be the last time we visited Garner State Park until we come back with our own children. Wow- what a thought! All in all camp was a GREAT time. It was bittersweet to watch something you "birthed" so many years ago being handed over to others, but by the end of the week, we were confident that the hands we were giving it to were capable ones. Camp was full of a lot of laughs and tears. One of my favorite parts was one morning when Billy and I went up to the corner store. On the way back to the house, we stopped by each house that we've held camp at each year. Many of them were empty and we were able to get out and look through the windows. It warmed my heart and brought back so many memories of kids who grew as leaders and friends through a week of camp. It made every bit of work put in totally worth it. The best part was when we were looking through the window of the house that we held our first year of camp at- right through the main doors was a big picture frame with the word "FAMILY" in the middle. It's funny because I think it was that camp that truly was the beginning of the DHS StuCo becoming a "family".
It has been a long time since I felt like God was really speaking to me, but by the end of the week of StuCo Camp, I had such a feeling of peace that I know only God could have given me. When deciding to leave DHS, I was so worried that walking away from StuCo would break my heart, but I left camp proud of the past 5 years, and confident that everything I had given to that organization would indeed help it to continue being awesome- even without me. I could not get the verse out of my head- "Well done, good and faithful servant". I can't wait to see how the DHS StuCo will continue to grow and better the campus of DHS. I am proud to say that I got to be a part of the tradition of the BEST organization at DHS!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home